Benefits of Flaxseeds! Extraordinarily high in soluble and insoluble fiber levels, flaxseeds are quite difficult to digest and are laden with nutrition. Regularly having enough flaxseeds can help you manage your weight; prevent heart diseases and other health issues.
However, apart from imparting several health benefits, flaxseeds are also good for your hair and skin health. So, let’s have a look at what flaxseeds can do to your hair and skincare routine.
Table of Contents
Enhance hair health
- Vitamin E present in flaxseeds helps alleviate the damaging effects of free radicals on your hair, thereby ensuring healthy hair.
- Flaxseeds are also abundant in vitamin B complex that is popular for enhancing your overall hair health.
- Regularly using hair masks made of flaxseeds can enable your hair to grow fast. It also makes them stronger and healthier.
Delay signs of ageing
- Flaxseeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that help your body produce more collagen. Hence, having flaxseeds and other flaxseed products regularly can help tighten your skin.
- It is also responsible for enhancing your skin’s elasticity, thus, preventing it from sagging with age.
- More production of collagen by the flaxseeds compensates for the age-related reduction of collagen in the body. This can gradually delay the signs of ageing like fine lines and wrinkles by making your skin firmer.
Reduce acne and blemishes
- The flaxseeds have high anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce acne.
- These seeds are also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which make your skin less prone to excessive oil production and hormonal imbalances, thus, reducing acne breakout.
- Flaxseeds also contain certain substances that aid the balancing the production of androgen hormones in your body, thus, preventing acne.
Make skin radiant and glowing
- The essential fatty acids present in the flaxseeds help to keep your skin hydrated and glowing.
- The seed’s oil further aids in brightening your complexion due to the presence of antioxidants that protect your skin from sun damage.
Nowadays, many face packs also have flaxseeds in them that make them excellent skin exfoliators. Applying such face packs also helps tighten your skin pores, and remove dead skin cells and blackheads from your face, thus making your skin radiant.
Soothe skin irritation
- Flaxseeds also offer potential healing benefits for your body, owing to their high anti-inflammatory properties.
- Applying a paste of grounded flaxseeds and essential oil on the skin’s affected area helps drastically reduce skin irritation, redness, inflammation, and rashes.
- The antioxidants present in the flaxseeds help reduce the damage of free radicals and harmful UV rays on your skin, thus, aiding the accelerated healing of your skin cells.
HP Thoughts: If sunscreens are your thing, then read our top 7 choices for sunscreen products — Affordable Sunscreen Sticks.
The components of flaxseed help enhance your skin texture to make it radiant, provide nourishment to your hair and skin, and help balance skin oil for firmer skin.
Therefore, flaxseeds can provide you with glowing and rejuvenated skin and healthy hair naturally if you incorporate them into your regular diet and skincare routine.