Table of Contents
Yoga is an excellent way to bring balance to the body, mind, and soul at the same time. One of the main benefits of yoga is that it can be done by people of all ages and abilities to improve their health. As you start exploring the wonderful world of yoga, it is crucial to know how to practice a few key poses that can be done every day to improve your health.
How to Practice the Top 3 Daily Yoga Poses for Beginners
Downward-Facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
Downward-Facing Dog Pose is one of the most popular and foundational yoga poses. This pose is a gentle inversion that also stretches the calves and strengthens the shoulders.
- Begin in a tabletop position with your hands underneath your shoulders, and your toes tucked behind you.
- Slowly lift your hips upward and straighten your legs as you press your heels down towards the ground.
- Bring your body into a comfortable V-shape by keeping your arms straight, pressing your chest towards your toes, gazing towards the middle of your mat, lifting your hips towards the ceiling, and pressing your heels towards the ground.
- To exit the pose, drop your knees back down onto the ground in a tabletop position.
Warrior 2 Pose (Virabhadrasana II)
Warrior 2 Pose is a strengthening and grounding yoga pose that stimulates the thighs, arms, core, and feet. This pose is also empowering for the mind and helps to build mental strength.
- Begin by getting into a wide-legged position with your feet approximately 3-feet apart.
- Bring your back right foot into a 90-degree angle and turn your left foot perpendicular to your right foot so that your left toes are pointing towards the front of your mat and your left heel is aligned with the middle of the arch of your right foot.
- Bend your left knee into a lunge, keeping your hips and chest open towards the side.
- Raise your arms in line with your shoulders and gaze towards your left fingertips.
- To exit the pose, slowly straighten your left leg and return your left toes to a 90-degree angle. Then repeat the pose on the opposite side.
Butterfly Pose (Badhokanasana)
Butterfly Pose is a deep hip opener that can also be more restorative when done in a reclined position. This pose stretches the inner thighs and groin while improving blood circulation.
- Begin in a seated position on your mat, and then place the bottoms of your feet against each other with your knees pointing out to the sides.
- Shift your feet as close as is comfortable towards your pelvis to deepen the stretch as you relax your knees down towards the ground.
- To exit the pose, release your legs back straight out in front of you.
Start Your Yoga Practice Today!
Yoga is a wonderful way to improve your health, both physically and mentally. Before practicing yoga, it is also essential to have comfortable clothing, such as women’s activewear leggings, to prevent your clothes from getting in the way during your practice.
Once you have comfortable clothes and a supportive yoga mat, you have everything you need to enjoy the many benefits of yoga in your life. So, what are you waiting for? Get started on your daily yoga practice today with these key poses!