Table of Contents
- Cold sore
- Treatments (Things to do)
- Precautions (Things not to do)
- Time to see the doctor:
There are many fastest ways to get rid of a cold sore but firstly we have to know about its detail to stop it from spreading.
Cold sores are the small bumps in the mouth which are also called “Fever Bumps”. They are very painful and irritating. Herpes simplex virus is the main reason that causes cold sores. We can also call it HSV. It is the infection that causes herpes. Oral herpes is primarily caused by HSV-1 which causes herpes on lips and mouth.
There is no need to feel ugly or to hide in your home if you are facing cold sores. You can probably get rid of cold sores within 10 days but there are also many ways that can help you to get rid of it fastly.
How cold sore starts?
It mostly occurs on the lips and mouth area. When it starts, it causes itching, tingling, and or burning feeling. It can be liquid filled herpes or a dry one.
Why it occurs?
Cold sore outbreaks are often triggered by exposure to the hot sun, cold wind, a cold or other illness, a weak immune system, changing hormone levels, or even stress.
How it spreads?
In case the infection does cause cold bruises, it can spread from person-to-person through near contacts, like kissing. But, whereas you will not know it, the infection can too spread by sharing:
- Food and drink
- Lip balm
- Utensils and drinking glasses
Treatments (Things to do)
“A burning or tingling sensation on your lips or face can be an early warning sign that a cold sore is developing, and the earlier you start reducing swelling and treating the cold sore, the faster it will heal.”
Bad luck is this that there is no any special way or treatment that can cure it, but we can do some little tricks to get rid of cold sores in the fastest way.
- Home remedies
- creams or ointments
1. Home remedies
Everyone wants to get rid of a cold sore as easily as he can. There are some remedies o try which are also very easy to approach, budget-friendly and effortless.
Just make it sure, try a test patch on your any other part or area so that you can make it confirm either you have allergy from this or it is okay to use it. Some remedies to get rid of cold sores in a quick way are here given below:
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar has the ability to fight from bacteria, viruses, and germs, etc. Many people like to use it but there is a little problem with it which they don’t know usually. Apple cider vinegar is too much concentration and can cause allergy or any other kind of issue just like irritating your skin. That’s why try to use it by diluting it with water. As, when you dilute it, its effect reduces. Use it twice or thrice times in a day by dabbing a cotton piece into it.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil has a very pretty fragrance or smell. If you are in love with you would definitely like to choose it. Moreover, when you would know about its exfoliation property it will be going to be your priority as well. It also has the ability to fight from simplex viruses.
Again just keep it in mind, just like apple cider vinegar doesn’t use it in concentrated form. Firstly, dilute it then apply it to the affected area by dabbing the cotton bud.
Also have a look at this: Tea Tree Oil – What Are Its 7 Best Uses?
- Honey: Honey is very famous for its healing properties and fighting power against germs, bacteria, and viruses. Recent research says that kanuka honey which is the extract of a tree in New Zealand named as manuka tree is playing a very good role to get rid of cold sores.
- Lemon Balm: Applying a cream with lemon balm increase the healing power as lemon has many good healing properties itself.
- Vitamin C and E: Both of these vitamins have been shown to fight cold sores. Studies have shown that vitamin C can inactivate the herpes simplex virus, the virus that causes cold sores. Other research has shown that vitamin E can help heal cold sores.
- Ice: Dabbing with ice can cause a reduction of pain. Don’t use ice directly as it can cause damage.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil is effective in fighting off both the HSV-1 and herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2).If want to try this remedy, apply a diluted bit of peppermint oil to the spot as soon as you feel the tingle of a developing cold sore.
- Propolis: Also known as engineered beeswax, typically accessible as a 3% treatment. When connected early and frequently, it might abbreviate the term of the breakout.
- Oils: Some oils like ginger, thyme, hyssop, sandalwood are playing a vital role to get rid of cold sore fastly.
- Reduce stress: If your cold sores are triggered by stress, you might want to try relaxation techniques, such as lemon balm extract, deep-breathing exercises, and meditation.
2. Creams or ointments:
There are many over-the-counter anesthetic treatments and creams that can offer assistance control torments, such as lidocaine or benzocaine. A few items, such as those containing docosanol or benzyl liquor, may indeed advance quicker recuperating when utilized early and in abundant sums.
There are antiviral drugs that can offer assistance cold bruises mend speedier, counting acyclovir, valacyclovir, ganciclovir, and penciclovir. On the off chance that you’re having to visit episodes or encountering a few of the genuine side impacts of having a cold sore, your specialist may consider endorsing antiviral medicine.
Precautions (Things not to do)
If you want to get rid of a cold sore, you just don’t do these things.
Avoid touching on that again and again. There may be a danger of spreading cold sore.
Don’t squeeze it. It is not a pimple. It may leave the scars on it would spread all over.
Don’t pick at the scab. Try to keep your hands off, it may leave the scar.
Don’t wash frequently:
Water can cause irritation and itching. Stop washing frequently.
Don’t eat acidic:
Nourishment that’s high in corrosive, like citrus natural products and tomatoes, can cause a burning sensation when they come into contact with a cold sore. Avoid acidic food for a few days.
Time to see the doctor:
Go and see your doctor if the pain is on its peak or if it is not getting well in 2 weeks. It is better to say no to wait and urgently seek the solution. Go for medication and take them with proper care, diet, and follow all the precautions.
It is concluded that there is no special cure, although we can try some remedies that help to get rid of cold sore fast. Just take a good diet, if your immune system is strong it will make this shit away from your face itself. Don’t bother yourself by feeling embarrassed if you are having a cold sore. It is very common.